According to a report in the Daily Mail Arsenal are planning a last minute move for Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien.
The reasoning behind this rumour is that Wenger wants to add a defensive midfielder to the squad before the transfer window closes and that Essien is an ideal target simply because he has fallen down the pecking order at Chelsea.
The chances of this piece of gossip being true is slim, however it would not be that big a surprise, Chelsea have loaned to Arsenal before, when they allowed Yossi Benayoun move to the Emirates Stadium last season, and it is not like they are short in midfield either.
Arsenal may well do some more business by the end of Friday but it probably won’t be for Michael Essien.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Arsenal and Monaco in £25 million Barcelona battle?
- Man United move is discussed by Arsenal hierarchy?
- Arsenal boss confirms striker deal is almost done!
- Arsenal’s bargain chase slams door shut in pursuit!
- Arsenal target fuels Emirates summer switch?