There have been some rumours emerge suggesting that Arsenal and Theo Walcott could be on the verge of agreeing anew deal that will see him commit to the club for the foreseeable future and end speculation about where he will be plying his trade at the start of next season.
The 23-year-old has been in talks over a new deal and many expect him and the club to agree on a new deal. But according to reports in the Daily Mail Walcott is on the verge of agreeing a new and improved 90,000-a-week contract, which will be bolstered by top-up bonuses and a multi-million pound signing-on fee.
There is no doubt that the in-form star wants to stay and ply his trade here, but playing up front was another stumbling block for the young man.
However, he has also been encouraged by the fact that Arsene Wenger has lived up to his promise of giving him opportunities to play in his favourite centre-forward role.
He has been in tremendous form this season and is one of the clubs most important players and considering he has fourteen goals to his name, we would be foolish to not give him what he wants and if the rumours are true it is great news.
Both parties are confident the new deal will be signed by the end of the week, which will then allow Wenger to concentrate on reinforcing Arsenal’s squad.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Arsenal can have no margin of error tonight, claims Arsene Wenger
- Arsenal striker wants to be the ‘Wright’ man at the club for the future
- Goal hero Flamini dedicates both goals to the fans who’ve stood by him
- Agent of Anthony Martial slams Wenger for turning him down during window
- Arsenal’s ‘heroic midfielder’ last night, expected to leave at end of season