With their outstanding win against north London rivals Tottenham Hotspur at lunchtime, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has had some of the pressure eased due to the fact we absolutely tore them apart and came out 5-2 victors.
It was a great performance form the lads and all you can do is stand up and applaud them for hitting back at all the critics that doubted they would come out of the game with any sort of result, never mind all three points.
However, the fact that Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas came out and stated that his team were ‘outstanding’ throughout the game is actually laughable and it seemed that Wenger agreed with the sentiment because he pretty much laughed off the remark.
Speaking to Sky Sports he said: “If our opponents are in control from the first to the last minute and we win 5-2, then I don’t mind too much.”
If AVB is happy with his team’s performance today then he should maybe considering changing what he does for a living because letting in five goals and being happy with how his team played, is not exactly what you would expect him to come out and say would you?
Wenger has had some great wins over Spurs in recent years and surely this must go down as one of his proudest because his team are clearly not playing anywhere near their best, but they still managed to pull out a class performance and put Spurs firmly back in their place.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Arsenal can have no margin of error tonight, claims Arsene Wenger
- Arsenal striker wants to be the ‘Wright’ man at the club for the future
- Goal hero Flamini dedicates both goals to the fans who’ve stood by him
- Agent of Anthony Martial slams Wenger for turning him down during window
- Arsenal’s ‘heroic midfielder’ last night, expected to leave at end of season