There has been some reports emerge which have claimed Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has come out and shown his admiration for QPR hitman Loic Remy, as rumours fly that he is closing in on a deal for the forward.
QPR manager Harry Redknapp signed Remy for £8million from Marseille in January, and that was seen as a major coup for a club that was languishing near the bottom of the Premier League.
His £75,000-a-week contract includes an escape clause which would allow him to leave if they go down, and the Daily Express have reported that we could make a £8 million swoop.
And Wenger has come out and hinted he could make a move after revealing his admiration for the player.
As quoted on the Daily Express, he said: “I’ve known him for years, he is a very efficient striker.”
The Gunners have been linked with some very expensive and quality strikers over the last few months, and although we would like to see them arrive realistically it will be a cheaper striker like Remy that Wenger ultimately goes for, as he likes to save his money.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Should Arsenal be targeting overhauling Chelsea at the top of the table?
- 5 Potential transfer targets for Arsene to consider
- Is Mesut Ozil now surplus to requirements at Arsenal?
- Title: A Look At Potential Defensive Upgrades
- Hull City boss keen on Arsenal’s Sanogo