It has emerged that we could be making some sort of bid for Newcastle United’s top-quality winger Hatem Ben Arfa when the winter window opens up, as Arsene Wenger looks at potential targets to replace the departing Theo Walcott. Who looks almost certain to be on his way out of the club in the coming months?
The boss will be able to actually spend in the transfer window and reports in CaughtOffside are suggesting that he may spend £15 million on the talented little Frenchman.
The 25-year-old has a very impressive time of it since he joined Newcastle from Marseille last year and so far this season has put in some top displays, which has earned him the recognition that he deserves.
However, to acquire his services we would face a very tough battle from the Toon, who would be very reluctant to sell one of their best players. Especially since it has emerged that Demba Ba could be on his way out of the club in January, they can’t afford to let two of their star men leave.
But the lure of playing for a bigger club and possibly challenging for some major honours in the future may sway the Midfielder to come help our cause.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Has Wenger proven his doubters wrong yet again or is it too early to say
- Arsenal are leaving Tottenham in the shadows – as usual
- Alex Song back at Arsenal? You’re having a laugh
- Theo Walcott: Time for a new deal or a new club?
- Should Arsenal be targeting overhauling Chelsea at the top of the table?