There has been some reports on the Fichajes.net website which have claimed Barcelona striker David Villa is on his way to Arsenal in the summer window.
The little Spanish star only came back from a long-term injury in December and has been fighting for a regular starting place ever since.
He is a long-term target of our and there were reports that we made enquiries into his services in the last transfer window. But with his wife giving birth and Barca unwilling to sell half way through the season, we missed out on him.
However, he will force a move away from the Nou Camp in the summer, with the Gunners his preferred destination.
We are reportedly willing to match his buy-out clause, which is reported to be around £10 million.
Villa may be getting on in age, but he is still a great finisher and could be a very good addition to the squad for the just the 12 million euros he is going for. And that will still leave a lot of their transfer kitty to go out and acquire Fiorentina hitman Stevan Jovetic, who is their top target.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Former Gunner slams Arsenal’s summer transfers
- Arsenal given major boost in hunt for Man United target’s signature
- Long-time Arsenal target ready to move – salary expectations revealed
- Chelsea target admits preference for Arsenal
- Should Arsenal re-ignite their interest in Newcastle’s unwanted star?