Spanish giants Barcelona are furious at Arsenal after they snapped up highly-rated 16-year-old defender Julio Pleguezuelo, according to reports on the Daily Mirror website.
Barcelona want the Spanish FA to close down a loophole which allows their best youngsters to escape before signing professional terms. They claim the English FA gives clubs the same protection.
Arsenal have a long history of snapping up Barcelona’s best youngsters after signing Cesc Fabregas, as well as Fran Merida, Hector Bellerin and Jon Toral, from the Nou Camp’s famous academy in recent years and now they have done it once again with the signing of young Pleguezuelo, who is very highly-rated by the Spanish giants.
We have signed a real talent and although he isn’t the big name that everyone wanted to see, he will surely develop into a real star working under the guidance of Arsene Wenger.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Arsenal can have no margin of error tonight, claims Arsene Wenger
- Arsenal striker wants to be the ‘Wright’ man at the club for the future
- Goal hero Flamini dedicates both goals to the fans who’ve stood by him
- Agent of Anthony Martial slams Wenger for turning him down during window
- Arsenal’s ‘heroic midfielder’ last night, expected to leave at end of season