There have been some rumours emerge that Arsenal are lining up Anderlecht defensive midfielder Lucas Biglia during this month’s transfer window, as the player has admitted that he wants to leave the Belgian club in the next few weeks.
Arsenal boss Wenger has been watching the 26-year-old Argentine international for a while now and according to reports in the Daily Mirror, is considering making a move for him.
Biglia, who has two years left on his contract after this season, was considered as an option in the summer and is valued at around £8million by the Belgian champions.
The holding midfield position is one of a number of areas that we need to strengthen if possible this window and a player of Bilglia’s ability would be ideal.
Wenger also needs to bring in a striker, a full-back and a central defender all in the next few weeks, but as we all know he will not sign unless he is comfortable that the quality of player will add something to the team.
However, it is believed that Newcastle United and Norwich City are also keeping an eye on Biglia and will fight us to nail down his signature. But the lure of playing for a massive club like ours could give us the edge in the race for his services.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Arsenal can have no margin of error tonight, claims Arsene Wenger
- Arsenal striker wants to be the ‘Wright’ man at the club for the future
- Goal hero Flamini dedicates both goals to the fans who’ve stood by him
- Agent of Anthony Martial slams Wenger for turning him down during window
- Arsenal’s ‘heroic midfielder’ last night, expected to leave at end of season