With the news that Tottenham Hotspur won the race ahead of us for the signature of Lewis Holtby, he has come out and told the world just why he snubbed the opportunity to join us and head across London to our bitter rivals.
We were reportedly interested in the midfielder and boss Arsene Wenger had only just admitted that Holtby was on his shopping list when the news broke that Spurs had agreed a £67,000-a-week deal to acquire his services.
And he has come out and admitted that he joined them because they have an ‘insanely good’ manager.
As quoted in the Daily Mirror he was asked why he chose White Hart Lane over Champions League football and he said: “[Tottenham] are not a small club and have an insanely good manager.”
If he is looking for a great manager he needs to look no further than Wenger, even though he is having a bad time of it lately nobody can deny that he is one of the best coaches in the world and has success to back that up.
It was obvious that the Gunners never even made him an offer because if he did he would have walked into the Emirates without a moment’s hesitation.
And if I had to choose between Andre Villas-boas or Arsene Wenger, I’d take Wenger everytime. I’m not saying AVB won’t be a good manager, but to say you choose Spurs over Arsenal because of the manager is a stupid reason, especially when the manager you didn’t choose is known for turning young talent into stars of the game.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Arsenal can have no margin of error tonight, claims Arsene Wenger
- Arsenal striker wants to be the ‘Wright’ man at the club for the future
- Goal hero Flamini dedicates both goals to the fans who’ve stood by him
- Agent of Anthony Martial slams Wenger for turning him down during window
- Arsenal’s ‘heroic midfielder’ last night, expected to leave at end of season