There have been some reports that Arsenal have been offered Napoli star Eduardo Vargas on-loan until the end of the season, as boss Arsene Wenger looks to add one or two new additions to the squad.
The 23-year-old Chile international is surplus to requirements in Italy and has been in talks over a move to Sao Paulo in Brazil, but according to the Daily Mail we have been offered the chance to land the young man in the next few days.
Vargas has struggled to hold down a first team spot due to the continued good form of Edinson Cavani over the last few seasons and his development has halted because of that.
However, nobody has ever questioned just how good he is and although we would only have him for a short term basis, it could be a good idea to take a test drive before we buy the talented young man.
Hi pace, skill and agility is the kind of thing we like to see at the Emirates and his versatility is something which Wenger would like to have in the squad, as he likes to be able to play his players in different positions.
And considering we need a new striker, it is vital that we bring somebody in if we are too get back into that top four spot come the end of the season.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Has Wenger proven his doubters wrong yet again or is it too early to say
- Arsenal are leaving Tottenham in the shadows – as usual
- Alex Song back at Arsenal? You’re having a laugh
- Theo Walcott: Time for a new deal or a new club?
- Should Arsenal be targeting overhauling Chelsea at the top of the table?