There has been some very disturbing news for many Arsenal fans as rumours have emerged in the Sunday Mirror which claim we could lose Thomas Vermaelen to Barcelona in the summer as they eye up the Belgian.
Barca are already scouting potential replacements and they have stepped up their checks on Belgium star Vermaelen.
The Belgian has been hit and miss this season and has come under intense scrutiny for some of his performances, but he is still a top player and he would be a massive miss if we lost him.
And it means we could face another scenario in which we lose one of our very best players to the Spanish side, just like we lost Alex Song and Cesc Fabregas in previous windows.
Although Vermaelen has shown no desire to leave the club in the near future, he may find it very difficult to turn down a big money move to the Cam Nou and we could see the back of him if a big actually comes in.
However, we will be very reluctant to sell and will probably make him stay as he has been tied down to a long-term contract at the club.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Arsenal keeper could make a move to Fenerbahce this summer.
- Borussia Dortmund has said that Arsenal target is not for sale.
- Arsenal defender comments on manager
- Arsenal legend believes midfielder is a world champion
- Arsenal midfielder advises Germany duo to move to the Premier League.