There has been some very disturbing news for many Arsenal fans as rumours have emerged in the Sunday Mirror which claim we could lose Thomas Vermaelen to Barcelona in the summer as they eye up the Belgian.
Barca are already scouting potential replacements and they have stepped up their checks on Belgium star Vermaelen.
The Belgian has been hit and miss this season and has come under intense scrutiny for some of his performances, but he is still a top player and he would be a massive miss if we lost him.
And it means we could face another scenario in which we lose one of our very best players to the Spanish side, just like we lost Alex Song and Cesc Fabregas in previous windows.
Although Vermaelen has shown no desire to leave the club in the near future, he may find it very difficult to turn down a big money move to the Cam Nou and we could see the back of him if a big actually comes in.
However, we will be very reluctant to sell and will probably make him stay as he has been tied down to a long-term contract at the club.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Arsenal can have no margin of error tonight, claims Arsene Wenger
- Arsenal striker wants to be the ‘Wright’ man at the club for the future
- Goal hero Flamini dedicates both goals to the fans who’ve stood by him
- Agent of Anthony Martial slams Wenger for turning him down during window
- Arsenal’s ‘heroic midfielder’ last night, expected to leave at end of season