There have been some rumours emerge suggesting that Arsenal do not want to bring Rennes defensive midfielder Yann M’Vila to the Emirates during this month’s transfer window as they do not fancy a showdown with QPR and Zenit for his signature.
We have reportedly been in the chase for the 22-year-old as we need to bring in some much needed bite and steel to the lightweight midfield, but according to reports in the Metro Arsene Wenger was offered the chance to take him on a cut-priced £8 million deal this month, which he reportedly refused.
Though it is no secret that Wenger is a big admirer of French midfielder, it is a strange decision to turn down the opportunity to bring him to the Emirates in the next few weeks.
And now Rennes have revealed they have not received any bid from us this month and hope to keep the star.
However, QPR and Zenit are also on his trail and it seems that Wenger does not want to go into a battle with the two clubs as they will offer him the kind of deal which we will not even give to our best players.
And while other Premier League clubs are already doing their business, we are lagging behind and are no closer to signing anybody than we were a month or so ago.
Wenger needs to buy and M’Vila would have been a great addition so let’s hope the rumours are not true and he is still looking at bring the powerful Frenchman to the club.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Arsenal can have no margin of error tonight, claims Arsene Wenger
- Arsenal striker wants to be the ‘Wright’ man at the club for the future
- Goal hero Flamini dedicates both goals to the fans who’ve stood by him
- Agent of Anthony Martial slams Wenger for turning him down during window
- Arsenal’s ‘heroic midfielder’ last night, expected to leave at end of season