We have been linked with a move for Newcastle striker Demba Ba in recent weeks as we look to add a striker that can actually finish when he has the chance too and according to some reports, the big striker has turned down the Toon’s latest offer of around £70,000 to stay at the club as he is holding out for a bigger paycheck.
Ba is up there with the top-scorers in the Premier League and has put in some impressive displays for his current club, but he has a £7.5 million-buy-out-clause in his contract which activates in the New Year, which Newcastle are trying to sort out as soon as possible.
Demba Ba is one of the Premier Leagues top scorers and is surely one of the best strikers plying their trade in the English game right now and according to reports, he has snubbed Newcastle’s latest offer of £70,000 as he looks to hold out for more.
Toon owner Mike Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias – mindful of having their fingers burnt with £100,000-a- week Michael Owen – believe Ba’s demands are unreasonable in the current climate and would look to offload the forward.
So with the door slightly opened to acquire his services, we should step in and try bringing him to London.
However, the board may be reluctant to pay his high wages which could mean that we would miss out on a bargain.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Arsenal can have no margin of error tonight, claims Arsene Wenger
- Arsenal striker wants to be the ‘Wright’ man at the club for the future
- Goal hero Flamini dedicates both goals to the fans who’ve stood by him
- Agent of Anthony Martial slams Wenger for turning him down during window
- Arsenal’s ‘heroic midfielder’ last night, expected to leave at end of season