There had been some rumours that we were looking at the possibility of bringing Spanish striker Alvaro Negredo to the Emirates during this month’s transfer window as boss Arsene Wenger is looking to add another forward to the squad. And it has emerged that his agent is in London to negotiate some kind of move in the coming weeks.
According to Andalucian paper Muchodeporte, the Gunners are leading the chase for the ace and could get him on a cut-priced £14.5 million deal, if reports in the Metro are true.
The La Liga side are desperately looking for a cash-injection in the January transfer window in an attempt to balance their books, with the 27-year-old hitman one of their biggest assets
So they are seemingly looking to cash in and considering he is one of Spain’s best strikers, he would be a welcome addition to the squad here at the Emirates.
However, is buying a striker really a priority?
We have in-form Theo Walcott, Frenchman Olivier Giroud and we can play Lukas Podolski there if we need too, so Wenger should really consider whether adding a striker is what we really need at the moment.
But I would not complain if we added Negredo to the squad.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Has Wenger proven his doubters wrong yet again or is it too early to say
- Arsenal are leaving Tottenham in the shadows – as usual
- Alex Song back at Arsenal? You’re having a laugh
- Theo Walcott: Time for a new deal or a new club?
- Should Arsenal be targeting overhauling Chelsea at the top of the table?