We have been waiting for the final days of the transfer window to arrive because Arsene Wenger has stated that the best deals are done towards the end of the month, and according to reports emanating from Italy we are set to make an offer for £20 million rated Steven Jovetic.
Wenger has been toying with the idea of bringing a big name striker to the club and has had a few names chucked at him in the press over the last few weeks.
But although the lads went and smashed in five against West Ham this week, the likes of Theo Walcott, Olivier Giroud and Lukas Podolski are not seen as the long term successor to Robin Van Persie and the fans have for a top-drawer player to arrive at some point in this month.
And according to reports in the Daily Express, we are lining up £20 million offer to try and prise Jovetic here in the next few days as we look to fire our way back into the Champions League next season.
Jovetic is one of the most highly-rated strikers in Italian football and has had some of Europe’s best clubs take a good hard look at buying him.
However, can we realistically see Wenger paying anything near the £20 million mark for the striker?
Possibly Related Posts:
- Spurs boss fears losing out on top midfield target to Arsenal
- Arsenal looking to move for Schalke star?
- Legend Ian Wright Slams Arsenal fans and claims someone needs sacking!
- Arsenal told January target unavailable for under £20M
- Arsenal target meets with current club Barcelona to orchestrate move