There had been some reports that the Gunners could sign Eduardo Vargas on-loan until the end of the season as Napoli were reportedly set to offer him to us, but as soon as that rumour emerged it has been revealed he is on his way to Sao Paolo.
The little Chile international has failed to hold down a regular starting spot since over the last few months due to a certain Edinson Cavani continually banging in the goals on a regular basis and Vargas been linked with a whole host of clubs, including us.
And there had actually been some reports that we were willing to give him a test drive before we made his move permanent in the summer, but it now seems that Brazilians Sao Paolo are closing in on acquiring his services.
As quoted on Sky Sports, Sao Paulo President Juvenal Juvencio told Radio Bandeirantes: “We’ll define his signing this week.
“Values and intentions have been agreed. Now we have to wait, we will have him for a year and a half.
“We believe he will be an important player for us.”
Although he is still young and pretty much unheard of in the game, there are many that see Vargas as a pretty good little player and his versatility would have been a great asset to the club.
But as the window goes on, we lose out to players that have been linked with us and hopefully that trend will not continue because we seriously need to add to the squad in the next few weeks.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Arsenal can have no margin of error tonight, claims Arsene Wenger
- Arsenal striker wants to be the ‘Wright’ man at the club for the future
- Goal hero Flamini dedicates both goals to the fans who’ve stood by him
- Agent of Anthony Martial slams Wenger for turning him down during window
- Arsenal’s ‘heroic midfielder’ last night, expected to leave at end of season