Pavel Pogrebnyak wants his fellow countryman Andrey Arshavin to secure a January switch from Arsenal to Reading.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger sympathises with the current situation of Arshavin but the fact remains that the Russian is not finding regular games at the club.
According to several reports in the last month, Arshavin is wanted by the newly promoted side Reading as owner Anton Zingarevich holds a deep interest in the Arsenal play maker.
“It’s Arshavin who has to make the decision,” Pogrebnyak was quoted by Sky Sports
“Anton Zingarevich knows him well enough without listening to my opinion, as he is from St Petersburg.
“Andrey is a master and there is no doubt that it would be great to see him at Reading.”
Arshavin has started in seven games this season in all competitions and has scored one goal but provided six assists for the Gunners.
Possibly Related Posts:
- 5 Potential transfer targets for Arsene to consider
- Is Mesut Ozil now surplus to requirements at Arsenal?
- Title: A Look At Potential Defensive Upgrades
- Hull City boss keen on Arsenal’s Sanogo
- Arsenal need to reignite their interest as Real Madrid pull the plug