Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud has set a target of goals for himself in his debut season for the Gunners as he looks forward to silencing his critics more.
The Frenchman found life bit difficult in English soil when he first arrived, struggled to match with the pace and rigours of the league. But, it seems like he is starting to enjoying his game more and getting accustomed with the system at the club.
The 25-year-old has netted four goals in last four games and insisted he never dropped his head down when critics frowned upon him in the earlier few months.
He said: “I’m starting to quieten the doubters a bit. I’m feeling better and better in this team and I think you can see it.
“Last year, I scored 21 goals in the league (for Montpellier) and only one of them was with my head, but it’s true that I’m getting a lot more crosses here.
“I’m trying to build an understanding with my new team-mates and we are getting to know each other more and more.
“I’d be happy to get between 12 and 15 goals in the league this season.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Chelsea legend believes Arsenal’s new signing has made them title contenders.
- Arsenal to battle local rivals for Roma defender.
- Arsenals bid for Napoli star has been rejected.
- Arsenal keeper could make a move to Fenerbahce this summer.
- Borussia Dortmund has said that Arsenal target is not for sale.