Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert has told Christian Benteke to stay until after the world cup as he can get a bigger move than the clubs that are currently chasing him.
Benteke is a good player and has all the attributes to make himself a top-drawer forward if he makes the right step up to a bigger club at the end of the season.
The Belgian forward has been brilliant this campaign and has drawn strong interest from the Gunners after impressing since his £8 million summer move from Genk.
However, Lambert is determined to keep top-scorer Benteke if the club secure Premier League safety. And has reportedly told him that if he stays and continues his good form for next season, he could get a move to the likes of Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid according to the Daily Express.
Although the Gunners are not wining much, they are still one of the biggest clubs on the planet and are a massive step up for the Villa striker.
So Lambert should just worry about keeping his job next season rather than worry about Benteke coming here, because there is almost no doubt he will be on the move in the summer.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Chelsea target admits preference for Arsenal
- Should Arsenal re-ignite their interest in Newcastle’s unwanted star?
- Arsenal said to be considering former Chelsea coach to replace Wenger
- Arsenal’s on-loan star beaming with confidence
- Arsenal keen to beat Man City to young English defender