It is being reported this morning that long term Arsenal target Yann M’Vila is to leave his current club Rennes at the end of the season, prompting a now huge scramble to get his signature Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has always said what a huge fan he was of his, and this should surely get him to make some form of a bid for the midfielder in the summer transfer window.
Real Madrid are also tracking the French international midfielder, and with a price tag believed to be around £25 million, it quite likely means that the Arsenal board and Arsene Wenger are likely to be put off from spending such an amount on one player – they have never done it yet and I do not believe that they will for M’Vila or for any other player really.
Rennes manager Frederic Antonetti spoke to Radio Monte Carlo and confirmed that despite having three years left on his current contract, M’Vila would be leaving at the end of the season:
“Yann M’Vila won’t be a Stade Rennais player next season,”
I think that due to his price, he is more likely to become a Real Madrid player than an Arsenal, sadly we know the Arsenal price budget all to well.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Has Wenger proven his doubters wrong yet again or is it too early to say
- Arsenal are leaving Tottenham in the shadows – as usual
- Alex Song back at Arsenal? You’re having a laugh
- Theo Walcott: Time for a new deal or a new club?
- Should Arsenal be targeting overhauling Chelsea at the top of the table?