Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong was in the news today as The Metro reported that the club wants to sell the player as manager Arsene Wenger doesn’t see him a good enough choice for the first team in the long run.
The 20-year-old struggled to find regular games this season due to injury has a contract till 2014 and according to that report, the club won’t be offering him a new deal once it expires.
The player spent the second half of last season on loan to Wolves and it is expected that the Midlands club would be looking to take him again on loan this January with an intention of making the move permanent next season.
However, the player denied all such stories on twitter saying he would be going on loan this January but the thought of leaving the club (mind, he is there for 11 years) hasn’t crossed his mind.
“Subject to rumours am not leaving [Arsenal] I am positive of going on loan this week which am really excited about and I am fully committed to [Arsenal],” Frimpong said on his Twitter account.
“And [I] am not in my last year or looking to be sold just to clear matters thank you and going on loan to get games and come back to Arsenal.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Has Wenger proven his doubters wrong yet again or is it too early to say
- Arsenal are leaving Tottenham in the shadows – as usual
- Alex Song back at Arsenal? You’re having a laugh
- Theo Walcott: Time for a new deal or a new club?
- Should Arsenal be targeting overhauling Chelsea at the top of the table?