Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has spoken ahead of today’s tough test at the Emirates against a very strong and powerful AC Milan, and has said on how ‘resting players is not an option’, in the Champions League second round, second leg but the main concern that has not been said of in what he has said is that Arsenal will be fielding a very weakened midfield team as it has emerged that Yossi Benayoun, Abou Diaby and Mikel Arteta will miss the game through injury.
Czech international midfielder Tomas Rosicky is also major doubt for today’s game, as is left back Kieran Gibbs who will both be given late fitness tests this morning to see if they are to available for the match in a very depleted squad now, but Arsene Wenger is backing his squad to give it their all despite the odds.
Speaking in his pre match press conference ahead of today’s game, and and how resting his players is not an option, Wenger sad:
“It is not an argument for us,”
.“We want to have a real go tomorrow, we want to make it possible.”
“I would not be very credible to tell you we want to score five goals and then leave Robin van Persie out.”
“We will not accept going out of the Champions League because we want to stay in. We will give it our best shot tomorrow.”
I don’t think I have to say anything really!
Possibly Related Posts:
- Arsenal can have no margin of error tonight, claims Arsene Wenger
- Arsenal striker wants to be the ‘Wright’ man at the club for the future
- Goal hero Flamini dedicates both goals to the fans who’ve stood by him
- Agent of Anthony Martial slams Wenger for turning him down during window
- Arsenal’s ‘heroic midfielder’ last night, expected to leave at end of season