It has been reported that any hope of Arsenal acquiring the services of Real Madrid and Spanish star Iker Casillas is up, after he had admitted that he has no intention of quitting the Bernabeu.
It is no secret that Jose Mourinho is not happy with his number one and has fallen out with the Madrid captain, dropping him form the teams starting line-up and replacing him with Diego Lopez. Who was as surprised as anyone to see his name ahead of Casillas.
Casillas had missed just one La Liga game in five seasons prior to the current campaign so to be dropped by Mourinho was something of a surprise to say the least.
And because of the Portuguese’s decision to drop arguably the best stoppers in the world, it has sparked speculation about his future and rumours have emerged from all over he is considering his options.
However, he has revealed his desire to stay at the Bernabeu.
As quoted on the Sky Sports website, he said: “My future is at Real Madrid because I have a contract with them and because I’ve been there since I was nine, it’s my life-long club and where I would like to be.”
It was a long shot for the Gunners to snap him up in the summer window, but we have more realistic targets and will get over this disappointment very soon.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Arsenal looking at using Sanogo to seal Brazil international’s signature
- Arsenal to re-open talks with Barcelona over Pedro signing
- Former Gunner slams Arsenal’s summer transfers
- Arsenal given major boost in hunt for Man United target’s signature
- Long-time Arsenal target ready to move – salary expectations revealed