Arsene Wenger has insisted that striker Nicklas Bendtner’s future is not over at Arsenal and could make a permanent return to the side if he completes a successful season at Juventus.
The 24-year-old who spent last season on loan to Sunderland was expected to drop down the pecking orders at the club after the summer arrivals of Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud.
It was thought that the Dane’s career at The Emirates is over when he was told to find another employer in the summer. However, Wenger has hinted that the 24-year-old could be recalled if he performs well in Italy.
Speaking to Sky Sports, Wenger said “Bendtner is a top player, he is an international striker for Denmark and he also scored two goals against Portugal [at Euro 2012],”
“I think that by playing for Juventus, he will improve and then he will come back to Arsenal. Juventus will enhance him for us.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Arsenal star has hopes of Gunners stay!
- Arsenal boss confirms he will spend!
- Arsenal on verge on snapping up Brazilian?
- Arsenal and Monaco in £25 million Barcelona battle?
- Man United move is discussed by Arsenal hierarchy?