It has been 7 years since Arsenal have won a trophy, and had it been any other top club, chances are the manager in question would have been sacked at least a couple of times over. One doubts whether even a legend like Sir Alex Ferguson can survive seven years trophy-less, but somehow Arsene Wenger has managed to do so.
And with the Arsenal boss running arguably the best financially managed club not just in English football, but perhaps the world, there is little incentive for the Chairman and the Board of Directors to sack him.
However, will Wenger manage to survive another season should the Gunners not win a trophy? Probably yes. After all, it seems in modern football it is not the fans who the manager is accountable to anymore, their only job is to pay high ticket prices and fill the owners’ coffers. It is the board who runs the club, and as long as Wenger is keeping them financially secure his job is very safe indeed
So the question for Arsenal fans is this, can Wenger survive another trophyless season? Please leave your comments and opinions below.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Arsenal to see Barcelona man arrive, as agent hints at summer move?
- Arsenal get response from brilliant targets agent!
- Arsenal in German business?
- Arsenal move could be on, as target admits he wants Premier League swoop!
- Arsenal target reveals he wants out at Barcelona!