Hardly a surprise then that Arsenal did not win this afternoon against a mediocre Sunderland side.
The question before the game was how would Arsenal cope without Robin van Persie and the truth is not very well.
Podolski did not look the German superstar he is in his own country, Giroud came on late, missed a sitter and I swear you could see the letters on the back of his shirt change to Bendtner.
The Gunners never played bad, but it was not awe inspiring and one can only hope that it is a case of first day blues, it is a newish team after all and they will need time to gel.
That said, the fans can be forgiven for feeling a little bit frustrated at the result today, it is hard to really look forward with too much anticipation if we cannot beat Sunderland at home.
Overall, disappointed, slightly pissed off but remaining hopeful
Possibly Related Posts:
- Arsenal quoted insane amount for attacking midfielder!
- Arsenal to make Barcelona swoop, as clause to be activated?
- Arsenal hit Spanish wall in chase for talent?
- Arsenal plan to say bye to eleven, in summer clear-out!
- Agent in town for Arsenal talks?