Arsenal youngster Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is set to join the team for the weekend’s trip to Stoke City after regaining to full training, while defender Laurent Koscielny is ruled out.
The 19-year-old didn’t feature in the season opener at The Emirates against Sunderland, but the England international is expected to return to full training on Friday thereby increasing his chances of participating in the tie away to Britannia.
Koscielny, has yet to recover from a calf injury picked up in the pre-season and the Frenchman won’t be participating in Arsenal’s second league match either.
“He [Koscielny] will not be back [for the Stoke game],” Wenger was quoted while speaking to the reporters. “But he should definitely be back next week. So he should play in the game after Stoke.”
Wenger throwing lights on the fitness of Oxlade- Chamberlain added “He should be back in the training group from Friday. He has not practiced with the team yet, but he should be in the squad for Stoke.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Arsenal quoted insane amount for attacking midfielder!
- Arsenal to make Barcelona swoop, as clause to be activated?
- Arsenal hit Spanish wall in chase for talent?
- Arsenal plan to say bye to eleven, in summer clear-out!
- Agent in town for Arsenal talks?