Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger reckons Joel Campbell has toughened up to life with the big boys, after hinting the young striker has a future at the club
Campbell, 21, is on loan at Olympiakos and scored a wonder-goal in the Champions League to down Manchester United on Tuesday night.
It’s led to clamours in some corners for the Costa Rican to have a big Emirates future.
Wenger said: “He was good and convincing going forward.
“He looks like he’s adapted to the physical side of the European game.
“We knew always that he had the talent to create something special.
“He did rely too much on that and has now been out on loan at three different clubs.
“He was in Lorient, in Betis and now in Olympiakos and has learnt the toughness of the European leagues.
“I will decide that later, why not?”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Will Jack Wilshere ever deliver for club or country?
- Should Calum Chambers be granted regular first-team football?
- Mesut Ozil could be sidelined for the clash with Man City
- Danny Welbeck says all the right things
- Arsenal linked with shock move for veteran Colombian defender